פורסם בתאריך 26 אפר 2019
In this video i'm restoring an old german soldering iron.
This item was sent to me by one of my patrons from Germany. He saw it on eBay, asked me if I'm interested and then he bought it. Thank you for that. I'll send it back to him now.
I really liked the look of the handle and that's why I decided to restore it. It's a propane gas powered soldering iron made by Perkeo. I don't know how old this one is, but they built them since 1919 until today. The modern ones still look pretty much the same as the one I restored in this video, they just made some small changes over the years. I'm very happy how this project turned out, I really like the contrast of the dark wooden handle and the polished brass.
I hope you like my work and the video.
Huge thank you to all of my Patreon and PayPal supporters and specially to:
02:18 showing all the parts
02:39 cleaning the parts with the parts washer
02:57 disassemling two more parts
03:17 removing patina and soot with vinegar, salt and flour
04:07 restoring the wooden handle
04:40 restoring the big tube
06:10 stain the wooden handle
06:38 making a new ring for the wooden handle on the lathe
07:36 restoring the nut which tightens the wooden hanlde
08:04 restoring the holder of the soldering iron
08:46 restoring the sieving head and remake the knurling
09:21 restoring the sieving head cover
09:59 restoring the knurled ring
10:22 restoring the regulation part
10:47 restoring the valve needle
11:07 restoring the nut for the regulation part
11:31 restoring the valve tube
12:16 restoring the gas connection part
12:47 restoring the nut for the valve tube
13:13 restoring the nozzle
13:41 restoring the soldering iron
14:46 making a new holder for the soldering iron on the lathe, mill and welding machine
16:26 making a special countersinked bolt for the soldering iron
16:56 restoring the bolt to clamp the soldering iron holder
17:18 making a new handle for the previous restored bolt
18:47 making the steel parts black by heating up and quench in oil
19:14 showing all the parts before reassembling
21:23 showing the finished product
22:00 final test
Time and costs of this restoration:
I was working on this project over 1,5 weeks
$16 tube for the gas connection
$1 clamp bride for the connection tube
If you have any questions about the process, machines i'm using or other stuff, just ask me in the comments. I read them all and i try to reply as soon as possible.
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my language. I try my best to improve my technical english.
Subscribe for more of my content. I'm uploading videos about mechanical stuff, as new creations and buildings and also restorations.
Thank you for watching :-)
My Patreon Page:
Follow me on Instagram: